Mission: The mission of the West Central Operator's Section of the Pacific Northwest Clean Water Association is preserving and enhancing the water quality by supplying opportunities for environmental professionals through educational growth, training, networking, and recognition in the State of Oregon. We promote the professional development of our members, and the sharing of information with the public. We are dedicated to the advancement of science and technology needed to protect public health and the environment.
Goals: 1. Gather and distribute information to members on water quality, resource management, and environmental protection.
2. Promote activities in the water and wastewater industry that result in improved water quality and resource management.
3. Advance the science of operations and maintenance of Water and wastewater systems throughout the State of Oregon to improve member performance, be forward thinking, and promote the positive development of our professional members.
4. Provide and support technical, educational, and communication experiences for its members in the water pollution control and associated fields.
5. Foster effective water quality management through education, information exchange, member communication and personnel development.
6. Provide a venue for networking between members and other industry professionals.
7. Educate the public and foster an open discussion about water/wastewater and environmental issues.